Therefore, when I emailed GOSH Cosmetics a couple of days ago, I asked them to provide me with a list of their products that are suitable for vegans that contain no animal/insect derived ingredients. Here is the email and list they kindly sent me (accurate as of 21st February, 2012) -
All cosmetic products must have the ingredients listed on the label. If the space is limited the list may be on the back side of a removable label. The ingredients list is a good help for people who want to avoid specific ingredients - for instance because of allergy or for ethical reasons.
I can inform you that GOSH Cosmetics does not test any products on animals. Neither do we commission others to do animal testing of ingredients or finished products. European law has banned animal testing of cosmetics.
Several of our products contain ingredients of animal origin. For instance bees wax, lanolin, carmine, silk protein.
Please find attached a list of GOSH products that are free of animal ingredients.
Cosmetic products for vegans
Following GOSH products do not contain ingredients of animal origin. This applies to all colours
within the mentioned categories and if no so the colour codes/names are specified.
- Precious Powder Pearls
- Volume Lip Shine
- Mineral Colour Pigments
- Intense Eye Liner Pen
- Long Lasting Lip Marker Pen
- Natural Touch Foundation
- Click’N Conceal.
- Mono Eye Shadow (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 & 16)
- Matt Duo Eye Shadow (Brown Base, Melting Pale, Dark’n Dusky, Blue Moon & Green Zone)
- Trio Eye Shadow (20 & 21)
- Smokey Eyes Palette (1 & 2)
- Intense Lip Colour
- Velvet Touch Lipstick (60, 66, 82, 86, 122, 134, 145 & 146)
- Mineral Waterproof Eye Shadow
- Kohl/Eye Liner.
- Eye Liner Pen (Liquid).
- Long Lasting Eye Liner Pen.
- Extreme Art Eyeliner (7, 7, 10, 11, 18, 19, 20, 25 & 26)
- Velvet Touch Eye Liner Waterproof (Black Ink, Truly Brown, Hypnotic Grey, Metallic Brass, - -- Pretty Petrol, Woody
- Green, Lemon Soda, Blue Moon, Alligator, Silver Screen, Sky High, Pure Natural & Classic Grey)
- Let´s Twist Eye Liner Waterproof (Grey Mink, Carbon Black, So Blue, Blue Grass & Aqua - Line)
- Eye Brow Pencil.
- Velvet Touch Cream Primer.
- Velvet Touch Lip Primer.
- Velvet Touch Eye Primer.
- Velvet Touch Foundation Primer.
- Velvet Touch Apricot Primer.
- Amazing Length’n Build Mascara
- Effect Powder (Sky, Mink, Glamour, Gold Dust, Plummy, Merinque, Aquatic & Holographic Silver)
- X- Ceptional Wear Make–Up.
- Touch Up Concealer
- Pressed Powder.
- Giant Sun Powder.
- Bronzing Powder.
- Velvet Touch Lip Liner Waterproof.
- Eye Dust.
- Cheeks’n Lips.
- Defining Brow Gel.
- Long Lasting Brow Pen.
- Nail Lacquer.
Products not mentioned above may contain ingredients of animal origin.
What do you think? Will you be purchasing any of these products? :)